Re: applying AES-GCM to secure shell: proposed "tweak"

> I am concerned about the implications of an encryption algorithm spec
> changing parts of the base protocol.

I'm not sure that's really what's going on here.  I really need to find
the time to go read the spec, but from what I've gathered from the
list, this could, as far as the core protocol is concerned, be seen as
an encryption algorithm that happens to produce ciphertext identical to
the plaintext for certain parts of the data stream.

Does that weaken the security assurances provided by the protocol?  I
don't know.  My feeling is that it doesn't, but there's lots of
counterintuitive stuff running around crypto, and I'd need to think
about it a lot more to have any degree of confidence that's right.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse