Re: applying AES-GCM to secure shell: proposed "tweak"

Damien Miller <djm%mindrot.org@localhost> writes:

> another option, would be encrypting the length field with an
> independently-keyed cipher, but I doubt that it is worth it.

Actually, I think that's clever! It's natural to use somewhat
different mechanisms for data that's fixed size, and data that is of
variable size.

The length field must still be properly autenticted together with the
data, but maybe that is done implicitly with AEAD?