Re: applying AES-GCM to secure shell: proposed "tweak"

> Just because SSHv2 algorithm negotiation made too many assumptions
> doesn't mean we must beat everything new into the old mold.

Of course not.

But, conversely, you shouldn't be beating everything old into
compatability with the new, either, and that's what looks to be
happening here: people seem determined to find _some_ way to marry AEAD
and SSHv2.  I don't see why, given how poor a match they are.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse