Re: "too many auth failures"?

der Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> writes:

>So, thoughts?  Am I missing something, or is this really as ill-behaved as I
>think?

I don't think it is.  If you've set the server up to allow three tries at auth
then you get three tries (I'm assuming it's set up to allow six here, which is
a bit non-traditional, I would have expected three).  Stepping back a bit, why
are you sending *six* keys to the server?  Shouldn't the client know which key
it's supposed to use?  It seems more like the client is broken than the
server.

Peter.