Re: RSA PSS in SSH?

Hanno Böck <hanno%hboeck.de@localhost> writes:

> Are there any plans for a transition to RSASSA-PSS (as specified in pkcs #1
> 2.1)?

Not that I am aware of.

> (I saw that RFC 4253 already specifies the use of RSA-OAEP for encrypted key
> exchange)

My understanding is that the pkcs#1 v1.5 padding is a much more severe problem for
encryption than for signing, mostly related to chosen ciphertext attacks.

But I'm not a cryptologist. How important is it to obsolete v1.5 padding
for signatures? What attacks are there?

Regards,