Re: SHA-2 based HMAC algorithm...

denis bider \(Bitvise\) <ietf-ssh2%denisbider.com@localhost> wrote:
> I updated the draft with this change:
> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-01.txt

Another minor nit: you're referencing HMAC, so you should add a
reference to RFC 2104 in which the HMAC construction is defined.

Meanwhile, I've done the implementation of this draft for PuTTY. At

    http://tartarus.org/simon/20110409-putty-sha2

I've uploaded a complete set of PuTTY executables (in the 'x86'
subdir) and source archives modified for SHA-2 support, together
with the source code patch (in 'sha2.diff'). I've verified that all
four of the new MACs work against OpenSSH 5.8p1 with Peter Gutmann's
patch applied.

Cheers,
Simon
--
Simon Tatham         "Imagine what the world would be like if
<anakin%pobox.com@localhost>    there were no hypothetical situations..."