Re: Fwd: Support for ECDSA and SHA-2 (SHA-256) in the SSHFP record

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:16 AM, Damien Miller <djm%mindrot.org@localhost> wrote:

> Did anyone on this list have any comment on
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-os-ietf-sshfp-ecdsa-sha2

Makes sense to me _except_ it refers to RFC 4255 for the format of the
resource record, and implicitly for the calculation of the
fingerprint. RFC 4255 refers to RFC 4253 for the fingerprint
calculation. However, 4253 doesn't mention fingerprints at all. Or I'm
missing something.

Anyway, bottom line is I don't know how to calculate the fingerprint :-)