Re: IUTF8 pseudo-terminal mode

>> So what needs to happen to get this standardized is for someone to
>> write an internet-draft documenting this extension and advance it as
>> either a working group item or as an individual submission.
> That remains the case today.  The registration policy for that
> registry is "IETF Consensus", which means that getting a new number
> assigned requires publishing an RFC.  For this sort of thing, that
> could happen relatively quickly, once someone writes an
> internet-draft.

Or, anyone who's as fed up as I am with the "rough consensus, running
code, and a whole lot of stupid hoop-jumping" way the IETF runs today
and who holds a domain can define an extension, with no coordination
with anyone else needed, and have it working in the time it takes to
implement it.

In support of this notion, I think I just now added it to
missing-pty-modes%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost in moussh, alongside the other
four pieces of tty state my ssytems have but standard ssh doesn't have
support for (ECHOPRT, ALTWERASE, NOKERNINFO, and the CSIZE bits).  I
can't be sure; I don't run any systems which define IUTF8, so I can't
really test it.  Most of the code is not conditional, though, so I
think it probably should be fine - well, assuming I guessed right which
c_*flag it goes in (I picked c_iflag).  Of course, I updated
private-algs.txt; anyone who cares to bother is welcome to implement it
too.  (For those unfamiliar with moussh, feel free to clone
git://git.rodents-montreal.org/moussh and take a look around.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse