Re: adding IUTF8 to encoded terminal modes in SSH Protocol Assigned Numbers

Hi David,

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, David Madore wrote:
<eliding some discussion>

Given what it is, in this case, I think the right way is to spec the
bit even in the absence of any ssh implementations actually using it.
(Not that I have any particular authority to do so.)

I'm willing to try this, but I somehow success that somebody is going
to say "you can't just appear out of nowhere and publish an Internet
draft that says 'now number 42 will mean this' to have it added to the
list".

That is the right way to do this. I'll send you separately an xml2rfc template that you can fill in, with instructions on how to submit it to the ID repository.

Once you have published this as an Internet Draft, bring the discussion back to this group. Update the draft if needed and I'll tell you what to do to get it published as an RFC.

Best regards,
Chris