Re: SSH File Transfer Protocol - draft-moonesamy-secsh-filexfer-00

Hi Peter,
At 04:37 12-07-2013, Peter Gutmann wrote:
Some background information on this decision would be useful, for example why
restart work on it now, and why use version 3 of the protocol as the baseline?

There was a short discussion a few months ago about Section 6.1 of an expired SFTP drafts. I used Version 3 as the baseline as that is the version which OpenSSH implemented. In my opinion it would be easier to document Version 3 as an IETF specification instead of trying to pursue the previous efforts.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy