Re: I-D Action: draft-joseph-pkix-p6rsshextension-03.txt

A brief look makes me think that more work i needed.

 - Certifcate sometimes has two i, sometimes one i

 - why list-certificates with a  hyphen and listnamespaces without?

 -" This document defines version 3 of the new protocol.  We are using
   version 3 so that it can be backward compatible with the protocol
   defined by RFC 4819 [1]. "
  Um, seems a bit like namespace squatting which seems improper in an
Informational RFC

- " Examples of possible "certificate format name" are: "X509",
   "pgp-sign-rsa", and "pgp-sign-dss".  "
I would expect interoperability to require a defined list, the sort of
thing that IANA does rather well.
Also, the names would be more recognisable if there were something that
said certificate, rather than key types, eg cert-pgp-sign-rsa

- what happens if a removed certificate is in use? I am used to key
replacement protocols that have well-defined procedures about what
overlap there is and how it is managed.  A bald replace seems dodgy.

- is there any constraint about the relationship between a certificate
and the one that is replacing it? should the new one have anything in
common with the old, should it be more secure for some meaning of that
term?  To me, managing certificates should be more heavyweight than
managing public keys.

Tom Petch