Re: I can has SHA-1 hashes for RFC 2409/3526 MODP groups?

Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> writes:

>> Getting a hash of the byte string seems to be the easiest way to do
>> this.
>
>Not just computing it and comparing it against the value in RFC3526?

It depends what you're trying to verify.  If the question is "are the values
given in RFC 2409/3526 correct?" then that's the way to do it (and thanks for
pointing out the issue with bc and pi :-).  If the question is "does the byte
string I currently have in memory correspond to the data in the RFC" then
shelling out to Mathematica and bc isn't really an option, a SHA-1 hash for
quick verification seems the best way to go.

Peter.