RE: SSH key algorithm updates

Max Horn <postbox%quendi.de@localhost> writes:

>That's the rub, I can't really (don't have access to any Windows machine).

'strings ssh-app-name.exe'?  Since the identifiers are text strings, you don't
really need to run the binary.

>One last question: Right now I only list these user auth methods:

'none' is actually a bit of a problem since it's two different things, an auth
mode and a mode-query-mechanism.  I support 'none' as a query mechanism since
some clients don't work without it, but not as an auth mechanism, and I
suspect a number of other implementions listed as supporting 'none' wouldn't
actually let you in without a password either.  So perhaps this could be split
into 'none-as-auth' and 'none-as-query'.  I'd certainly be nervous about using
an implementation that had 'none-as-auth' enabled by default.

Peter.