From: Niels "Möller"
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 02:37
To: Peter Gutmann
Cc: denis bider ; ietf-ssh%netbsd.org@localhost ; Jeffrey Hutzelman ; Mark D. Baushke ; stephen.farrell%cs.tcd.ie@localhost ; jon%siliconcircus.com@localhost ; djm%mindrot.org@localhost ; Max Horn
Subject: Re: Updated RSA SHA-2 draft / New draft: SSH Extension Negotiation

Peter Gutmann <pgut001%cs.auckland.ac.nz@localhost> writes:

> Niels Möller <nisse%lysator.liu.se@localhost> writes:
>
>>Send 0, ignore received value, would have made it actually useful.
>
> Can we get any figures on what effect making it nonzero would have?

I think my implementation will disconnect.

Anyway, if we do a general smallish update, it would make sense to fix
this (not sure in which form, note in the algorithms update rfc, or an
errate on hte old rfc). And simply say that until any of the future
extensions are specified, implementations should accept and ignore
non-zero values for this field.

That will make our lives a little easier a few years from now.

Regards,