Re: Curve25519/448 key agreement for SSH

denis bider <ietf-ssh3%denisbider.com@localhost> writes:

> What do you find ambiguous about the definition of mpint in RFC 4251? It states:
>
> "Represents multiple precision integers in two's complement format, stored as a string"
>
> That's a reference to the SSH string type defined immediately before mpint, which defines its encoding as uint32 length + data.
>
> I think this is fairly unambiguous? Furthermore, any implementation
> that has different ideas will already be incompatible with others.

Thanks for precise pointer!  I didn't register the importance of the
word "string" here, and was looking for the "uint32" keyword.  Ok no
problem then.

Btw, one of the changes between -02 and -03 is related to this, before
it said that K and X often will be identical, but I don't believe that
is ever the case since K have the 4-byte prefix.  I hope -03 is clearer
on this.

/Simon