Re: Feedback on draft-ssh-ext-info-00

Markus Friedl <mfriedl%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Here is what I've implemented for OpenSSH:

Looks nice and simple to me.

The trick of adding foo-s and foo-c symbols to the kex_algorithms list
could perhaps be reused in case we need to negotiate support for aead, to
enable different rules for algorithm negotiation (including the rules
for first_kex_packet_follows).

>   This extension is sent with the following extension name and value:
>
>     string      "server-sig-algs"
>     name-list   signature-algorithms-accepted

I still question the utility of this extension. I would expect the common
case will be a large list of algorithms, and the the client needs to
send a PK_OK request for each key it has anyway.

But I don't object to it if others find it useful.

Maybe "userauth-sig-algs" or "publickey-algs" is a better name, to make
it clearer that it is related to publickey userauth.

Regards,