Re: Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) Authentication for Secure Shell?

>> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-josefsson-secsh-u2f-00.txt

Assuming this has the same content as
http://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-josefsson-secsh-u2f-00.txt:

It is misnamed.  I see nothing "universal" about this. (Cf xkcd #927.)

I agree that registration does not belong here, any more than editing
authorized-keys or known-hosts records, or new key generation, belongs
in the base protocol.

The referenced fidoalliance document points to at least two references
which are 404 (at least for me; given the content of the 404 page, this
might be the usual nginx bogon, but the first document working suggests
not).  In any case, depending on external documents for
implementability strikes me as a good way to not get implemented.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse