Re: Algorithms: who's at fault here?

Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> writes:

>Am I missing something?  It sure looks to me like either OpenSSH or Ubuntu
>(whichever one decided to do this) gratuitously breaking interop by
>desupporting a REQUIRED algorithm.

I've run into that a number of times, there'll be servers who have disabled
all of the MTI algorithms and instead enabled a bunch of other oddball things.
The common factor always seems to be OpenSSH, in that you get the behaviour no
matter which Linux variant it's running on or who set it up, so I'd say it's
the software, not the OS or the sysadmin.

Peter.