Re: agent draft updated

On Wed, 23 Aug 2023, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> all true, but...
> AFAIK the existing protocol uses @openssh.com names, which don't need to be
> registered.
>
> An updated, IETF-maintained version of the protocol would be described in an
> IETF-stream document, which can both register channel type and request names
> and create the new registries.

ok, I've uploaded another version with the IANA considerations ripped out
entirely and just using the currently-deployed vendor extension names.

It also incorporates Simon and Niels' feedback regarding agent connection
requests ahead of agent forwarding requests, and agent forwarding requests
after session channels close. I've done this by documenting OpenSSH's
does as MAY, with a little not about the motivating use-case of
sessionless agent forwarding.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-miller-ssh-agent-11

-d