Re: Terrapin

Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> writes:

>But then, I don't like MSG_UNIMPLEMENTED to begin with; an unrecognized
>message type byte, to me, indicates a severe bug in at least one end.  I
>consider tearing down the connection a much more appropriate response in
>general. That's what my implementation does.

Same here.  If you're sending me something I don't recognise, I'm not going to
start a conversation about what you might feel like sending, I'm going to drop
the connection, both because I have no idea what form such a conversation
would take and because if the other side can trigger a back-and-forth like
that then it's just more attack surface being opened up.

Peter.