Re: pbulk: Reusing scan results and still scan continues

On Sun, Jul 17, 2022 at 12:30:54AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> It helps primarily when you are doing high-frequency builds, e.g. daily
> runs, or are doing full bulk builds when testing local changes. In those
> cases the scan time is one of the bigger total time factors.

Yes. So one can enable it selectively. When in a situation where you are
not updating pkgsrc tree, just adding packages as you realize they are
needed, I think reuse of the scans may be safe. When you update the
repository or modify deps yourself, one may want to re-scan.

However my problem is, when I set it to reuse scan results, it still goes
ahead and re-scans. See the trace in my first post.

--
Mayuresh