Re: pkgin wants to install all the things

* On 2024-05-09 at 10:16 BST, Benny Siegert wrote:

Then, I ran "pkgin up" followed by "pkgin install pkgin pkg_install".

To upgrade the package tools I'd recommend running:

  "pkg_add -U pkgin pkg_install".

as older versions of pkgin didn't correctly support selected upgrades.

However, "pkgin upgrade" results in this unexpected result:

In your output pkgin-23.8.1nb3 is shown as an upgrade, so it's likely the "pkgin install" you ran didn't work, and you are running an older version of pkgin that didn't calculate dependencies correctly.

If you upgrade pkgin first, the output should be better. If not it'll be a bug that I'd be happy to look at!

--
Jonathan Perkin            www.perkin.org.uk
github.com/jperkin   federate.me.uk/@jperkin