Re: lang/gcc12 on mac

Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> writes:

> Thanks, these seem to work fine on my M1.  Is there a reason they
> haven't been committed?  Is there any concern about them affecting other
> platforms?  Or just allowing time for testing?

I don't know the answers to those questions but I think that we should
somehow make it so that pkgsrc just works for people who have up-to-date
XCode or CLT on current macOS and as far back as is reasonable.   It is
not in my view reasonable to tell people to install old versions of the
tools.  (Well, if things are broken, but it's not a state to be staying
in.)