Re: WIP package feedback

Am 31.05.2024 um 11:28 schrieb pin:
> On Friday, May 31st, 2024 at 11:19 AM, Andreas Jonsson <mail%andreasjonsson.se@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have created and committed my first WIP package! (wip/virtualxt)
>> Would it be suitable for inclusion in pkgsrc? If not then feedback would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> /aj
>
> Minor nitpick
>
> DISTNAME=	virtualxt-1.0
> CATEGORIES=	emulators
> MASTER_SITES=	${MASTER_SITE_GITHUB:=andreas-jonsson/}
> GITHUB_TAG=	v${PKGVERSION_NOREV}

Pin was referring to the order of the variables. For simple packages,
the variables should be listed in a common order that is detailed in the
pkgsrc guide:
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/pkgsrc.html#components.Makefile

Pkglint doesn't say anything about the variable order in your case
because there is a "foreign" variable USE_LANGUAGES in the middle of the
standard variables. When you run "pkglint -d -Wall | grep Skipping", the
last line reveals that, but diving this deep into the pkglint
implementation is not something that we can expect from a pkgsrc
beginner, especially since the pkglint debug output is quite large.

> pkglint -e?

When your package passes pkglint without any options, you can make your
package really good by running "pkglint -Wall". There is one additional
warning about premake5 being an unknown tool. This warning can be
ignored in your case since pkglint just doesn't know that the dependency
from devel/premake5 will install a tool of the same name in ${PREFIX}.

Roland