Re: monogdb3 - removal query/proposal

Le 09/06/2024 à 00:55, Greg Troxel a écrit :
I can't find any DEPENDS of mongodb3, but the only DEPENDS on any
mongodb is from unifi.  This doesn't seem right.

I'm not really anxious to rm it, but my perception is that it stayed
only because of unifi, so it seems only fair to wakeup() the gc thread.
Thus if nobody cares we might as well drop it.

Does anybody use mongodb beyond unifi, and in particular mongodb3?
Does anybody want it to stay, or think it should?

For mongodb it is hard to tell -- I had projects at $DAYJOB that used mongodb for their own needs, you cannot really deduce the userbase just from pkgsrc's DEPENDS alone.

However mongodb3 is long gone there. IMHO it only stayed around because of unifi in the "mainstream" world; now that it supports 4 and up, and given that 3.x was EOL'd a long time ago, the gc thread will run freely

--
jym@