Re: Resources for getting started.

Am 12.06.2024 um 19:05 schrieb Ken McGlothlen:
> However, one of the issues I have with it is that there's no concise
> list of the various targets you can use on every port. The blank (normal
> build) target, 'install' and 'clean', of course, and got
> 'print-summary-data' shortly after that, but today I stumbled upon
> 'fetch-list' (which will come in very handy for me), and I'm wondering
> whether there's a list somewhere, because I can't seem to find it in the
> pkgsrc documentation (https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/).

In the pkgsrc guide, Chapter 13 "The build process" lists the phases of
the build process, which correspond to targets that you can use. That
chapter also describes the pre-*, do-* and post-* targets that are
mainly of interest to pkgsrc developers.

In the pkgsrc guide, Appendix E "Help topics" is an auto-generated list
of all the topics that can be used with "bmake help". The uppercase
topics are variable names, the lowercase topics may be targets you can
use, or function names, or manually added keywords.

If that's still not enough, you can do a textual search:

$ grep '^[a-z][-a-zA-Z0-9 ]*:' mk/*.mk mk/*/*.mk mk/*/*/*.mk

Of the 554 occurrences I got, most are implementation details and are
not intended to be used directly. Based on the file in which they occur,
you may have a good guess at whether they are useful to you.

Roland