Re: HEADS UP: plan to switch many ports over to GCC 12 soon

* On 2024-06-18 at 13:21 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

On 6/17/24 10:11, Adam wrote:
gcc12 still doesn't build on macOS.
I added wip/gcc12 with some patches adam@ pointed out, but he also
reported that the NetBSD build fails with these patches.  They are all
C/C++ code patches, so it should be easy enough to limit them with
#if defined(__APPLE__)
if they are causing problems.
The added patches are:
patch-gcc_system.h
patch-libcc1_libcc1plugin.cc
patch-libcc1_libcp1plugin.cc
--
Life is a game.  Play hard.  Play fair.  Have fun.

That should have read:

gcc12 still doesn't build on macOS ... with the latest Xcode.

It may still work with older Xcode, though I haven't tried this.

But 13.3 builds fine with the latest Xcode. At least for me. :)

Kind regards,
Adam

Just confirmed that lang/gcc13 builds and installs on my Mac M1 as well.

However, I'm not seeing a way to make pkgsrc use it, either in the guide
or the mk files.  E.g., when building math/blas, GCC_REQD=13 has no
effect, and it tries to install gcc12 as a dep, even if gcc13 is already
installed.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.  Otherwise, I'll start
combing through the mk files.

GFORTRAN_VERSION=13.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com