Binary packages - checksums behavior ?

Hello all,

* If this is documented somewhere - please let me know - I’m happy to RTFM

I’d like to know how checksums are used with binary packages.  Looking at the man page for pkg_admin I see the section for “check” that compares the files in a package against the CONTENTS file ?

My question is more about at the time of installation.  Does pkg_add do anything before committing/completing the install WRT checksums ?

The scenario that makes me curious is:

- PKG_PATH is an http/ftp/etc network path
- The system pulls over the package, but it’s corrupted in flight
- Will it still get installed at this point ?
- Or does it get installed and looking at it after the fact would reveal some checksum problems ?

Hope this question makes sense.  Thanks.