beets-3.11 v2.0.0 NFS library failures

I installed audio/py-beets from the latest PkgSrc and have failures on
all commands using my previously working NFS mount:

$ beet-3.11 list Benny
error: database file /musicdb/musiclibrary.db cannot not be opened:
attempt to write a readonly database

$ beet-3.11 version
error: database file /musicdb/musiclibrary.db cannot not be opened:
attempt to write a readonly database

Copying the library database file to a local drive allows commands to succeed

$ beet-3.11 version
beets version 2.0.0
Python version 3.11.8
no plugins loaded

$ beet-3.11 list Benny | head -2
Benny Goodman and His Orchestra - The Best of Ken Burns Jazz - King Porter Stomp
Benny Goodman and His Orchestra - The Best of Ken Burns Jazz - King Porter Stomp

The NFS mounted library still works with beets 1.6.0.

I have not found this issue reported yet. If someone could verify
whether it is a local issue or not I can feed upstream.