Re: Gerbera from pkgsrc 2024Q2 on NetBSD 10.0_STABLE (amd64)

Just to update this thread. I tried compiling from pkgsrc and got the
same result. I then remembered I had an issue with the previous version
(1.12.0) and noted that I needed to remove one of the default options
from the build.

putting PKG_OPTIONS.gerbera += -ffmpegthumbnailer in /etc/mk.conf and
doing a make replace resulted in a working package.

I think there is something wrong with the internal logic which
generates the default config.xml and it fails to add the components for
the ffmpegthumbnailer by default and so the internal config checker
bombs on startup. Removing the option fixes the problem, but a
alternative is to manually edit the generated config to add the extra
lines.

Note also the default gerbera startup file which you install in
/etc/rc.d does not include the -d option to daemonise it on startup...

Dave

--
Phone: 07805784357