Re: openssl: "architecture lacks an FPU" on Debian 12/armv7

"Sijmen J. Mulder" <ik%sjmulder.nl@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Am Samstag, 13. Juli 2024, 16:08:10 CEST schrieb Greg Troxel:
>> Could you file a bug with openssl, that it is overriding the configured
>> target of the build environment?
>
> I've commented on the existing issue suggesting that it should be
> treated like a bug and attached a patch (attached below):
>
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/21630#issuecomment-2227314412
>
>> For pkgsrc, I would lean to patching so that no -m flag is passed at all
>> to the compiler.  Unless of course someone can explain why that's wrong,
>> or causes trouble (such as by uncovering other latent issues).
>
> Do you mean stripping -march with BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM or by patching
> Configure like below?

I personally lean to patch.  (And either way, the above URL included.
I don't really expect them to fix this, as it seems like a judgement
disagreement even though I 100% sort it to bug.  But, we'll at least
have it on file.)

> (Btw re. Pi 2B progress, the CMake build keep getting killed, I think
> OOM. I'll try with fewer jobs and more swap.)

I am amazed you are building with MAKE_JOBS higher than 1 at all.   The
world has just gotten too piggy.