mail/offlineimap rfc6555 module dependency missing

Hello!

mail/offlineimap from HEAD builds successfully, but it doesn't run due
to a missing rfc6555 Python module; stack trace below.

According to

  https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap

rfc6555

  https://pypi.org/project/rfc6555/

is a required dependency.  Unfortunately, it seems that the repo for the
rfc6555 project was archived on 2024-06-20, so the future doesn't look
too good here.

Also, mail/offlineimap requires Python 2 (from Makefile):

  PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED=       27 # not yet ported

I don't think the rfc6555 module is in pkgsrc, so I think one solution
would be to add it to pkgsrc and then to add it as a dependency of
mail/offlineimap.

I see that there's a repo for OfflineIMAP using Python 3

  https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap3

but it also requires the rfc6555 module.

Maybe mail/offlineimap is aging, and I'd be better off moving to
something else?  Also, since no one has reported this, it makes me think
that I'm the only one using it, which would be another reason to move to
something else.

I've heard some positive things about isync

  https://isync.sourceforge.io/

which is in pkgsrc at

  mail/isync

but I'm a little leery of anything hosted on SourceForge these days.

So, thoughts on a good replacement for OfflineIMAP?

Thoughts on what to do about mail/offlineimap?  There doesn't seem much
point in keeping it how it is since it doesn't run.  So it seems to me
like it would be good to either fix it or remove it.

Thanks,

Lewis

----
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/pkg-01/bin/offlineimap", line 19, in <module>
    from offlineimap import OfflineImap
  File "/tmp/pkg-01/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    from offlineimap.init import OfflineImap
  File "/tmp/pkg-01/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/init.py", line 34, in <module>
    from offlineimap import threadutil, accounts, folder, mbnames
  File "/tmp/pkg-01/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 27, in <module>
    from offlineimap.repository import Repository
  File "/tmp/pkg-01/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/__init__.py", line 25, in <module>
    from offlineimap.repository.IMAP import IMAPRepository, MappedIMAPRepository
  File "/tmp/pkg-01/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/IMAP.py", line 28, in <module>
    from offlineimap import folder, imaputil, imapserver, OfflineImapError
  File "/tmp/pkg-01/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from . import Base, Gmail, IMAP, Maildir, LocalStatus, UIDMaps
  File "/tmp/pkg-01/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/Gmail.py", line 24, in <module>
    from offlineimap import imaputil, imaplibutil, OfflineImapError
  File "/tmp/pkg-01/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/imaplibutil.py", line 22, in <module>
    import rfc6555
ImportError: No module named rfc6555
----