Re: Can't build pkgsrc after upgrade to amd64 (x86-64)

pimin inwa <pimininca%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> This system came out of storage.  I was quite sure it wasn't anything near
> current (probably NetBSD 7?? maybe built as i386??).
> I was able to build an installable iso and reinstalled over the existing
> disk configuration.

>> If you really want to run current and not 10, you'll have to build all
>> your own packages.
>
> I thought that is what I was doing.
>
> This line causes me some confusion:
>
>  pkg_add: NetBSD/x86_64 10.99.11 (pkg) vs. NetBSD/i386 10.99.11 (this host)

10.99.11 is not NetBSD 10.  It is current.   If you are not alrady quite
familiar with NetBSD and able to resolve problems, IMHO you should not
run current.

> Ithink this is telling me that the package that gets built running make is
> compiled as i386.  It does build the package
> /usr/pkg/packages/All/LuaJIT2-2.0.5nb2.tgz.

No, it is saying that the packge is amd64 and the host is i386.

> I don't understand why it thinks this host is i386?  Instead of amd64 or
> x86_64.

It is likely you should back up data, clear the disk, and reinstall
NetBSD 10.0 release amd64.

Otherwise:

  First, make two good backups.

  Run /usr/bin/uname -a and make sure it says amd64.

  run postinstall check and postinstall fix, after unpacking the etc and
  xetc sets you upgraded to someplace (I use /usr/netbsd-etc).

  cd /dev and run "./MAKEDEV all".

  Delete all packages that are installed.  You may in particular have a
  pkg_install package from long ago that may think it is i386.  You
  should have an empty /usr/pkg, and /var/db/pkg should not exist.

  Then, if everything is ok, build a package.

This is the path to getting packages working on the system you have
installed which is netbsd-current.

Followups to help recovering your system from a cross-arch upgrade to
current when you wanted 10 are best directed to netbsd-users; they
really aren't about pkgsrc.