Problem with stunnel in pkgsrc

Hello,

    I've been dealing with a problem where stunnel segfaults on every connection where OCSP stapling is required. The stunnel folks just got back to me and there's an easy fix -- add stack = 131072 and the problem goes away. There going to fix it in the next release. Should we put a warning message on the stunnel package in pkgsrc advising people to add this line to their stunnel.conf file?

Thanks,

Jason M.

Here's my message and the response from the stunnel mailing list:

Hello,

I’m running into a problem with stunnel segfaulting on me. I’m not sure if it’s a NetBSD problem or an stunnel problem. The following combinations work:

NetBSD-10.0/stunnel 5.57
Debian/stunnel 5.50
Fedora/stunnel 5.72

Unfortunately, what doesn’t work for me is:

NetBSD-10.0/stunnel 5.71 (or 5.7.2)
NetBSD-9.x/stunnel 5.71

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue. Your description was very helpful.

This issue is specific to NetBSD and will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, please add the following line to your configuration file as a workaround:

stack = 131072

Regards,
Małgorzata