Re: finance/py-Finance-Quote issue

On Thu, 15 Aug 2024, Brian Buhrow wrote:

	hello.  I'm not sure of the precise answer, but in general, if I cant find the package in
pkgsrc, I'll install it from the cpan shell.  As long as you're using the pkgsrc installed
version of cpan, then you can use pkgsrc installation processes for packages that have them, or
cpan procedures interchangeably without conflict.
Note that if you've recently updated your version of perl, you'll most likely need to reinstall
a bunch of these packages, as perl won't find them in older versions of the search tree.

I'm way out of my league here, knowing very litle about perl and cpan.

However I did find www/p5-LWP-Protocol-https i n pkgsrc, so I installed it.

I get different errors now...

# gnucash-cli --quotes dump yahooweb AAPL AMD
main: Error on gnc_gbr_init: Unable to open /proc/self/maps for reading.
Finance::Quote reported a failure for symbol AAPL: 500 Header line too long (limit is 8192)
Finance::Quote reported a failure for symbol AMD: 500 Header line too long (limit is 8192)
#

And yahoojson looks like it contains useful data:

# gnucash-cli --quotes dump yahoojson AAPL AMD
main: Error on gnc_gbr_init: Unable to open /proc/self/maps for reading.
Finance::Quote fields GnuCash uses:
    symbol: AAPL            <=== required
      date: 08/15/2024      <=== recommended
  currency: USD             <=== required
      last: 224.43          <=\
       nav:                 <=== one of these
     price:                 <=/

Finance::Quote fields GnuCash uses:
    symbol: AMD             <=== required
      date: 08/15/2024      <=== recommended
  currency: USD             <=== required
      last: 145.12          <=\
       nav:                 <=== one of these
     price:                 <=/

#

Hope that helps.
-Brian

!DSPAM:66be1497141161028137908!

| Paul Goyette (.sig) | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:    |
| (Retired)           | 1B11 1849 721C 56C8 F63A | paul%whooppee.com@localhost    |
| Software Developer  | 6E2E 05FD 15CE 9F2D 5102 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost  |
| & Network Engineer  |                          | pgoyette99%gmail.com@localhost |