Suggestions for EDIF parser package

I am looking for a decently fast EDIF [1] parser.

I have been using spydrnet [2] - a python based parser. I also created and
recently upgraded wip/py-spydrnet. This package worked fine for smaller
designs. But as design sizes grow, this parser is turning out to be very
slow.

Came across some projects on github [3] [4], but they do not seem to be
active.

If anyone has any exposure to parsing EDIF files, please share hints. As
such the EDIF format resembles Lisp, but I do not know if it is possible
to use Lisp parser directly on it.

--
Mayuresh

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDIF