Re: unable to find gnutls in configure script run

On Mon, Sep 16, 2024 at 04:11:55PM +0000, Van Ly wrote:

> Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost> writes:

> >> My /usr/pkgsrc checkout is tagged pkgsrc-2024Q2 and doesn't have lang/gcc14-libjit .
> >
> > You'll need pkgsrc-current, or replace gcc14-libjit with gcc13-libjit
> > in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/emacs-git/options.mk
> >

> Will I avoid the gtk* crash problem in tmux/emacsclient using xaw in the following?
>
> options.mk:17 #  --with-x-toolkit=KIT    use an X toolkit (KIT one of:yes or gtk2,
> options.mk:18 #                          gtk3, xaw, no)
> options.mk:19 # gtk in next line implies gtk2, xaw
> options.mk:20 PKG_OPTIONS_GROUP.toolkit=       gtk gtk2 gtk3 xaw

I have no idea what "gtk* crash problem" you're talking about.
(emacs with gtk3 enabled works fine for me.)

> Thanks. I haven't tried the setting but have managed to build my first
> wip package, see attached build log, strangely it wants elevated
> privilege, the su fails, the doas make goes to the finish line.

/usr/local is not writable by your user.
If you enter the right root password at the 'su' prommpt, it should
work.

But if you prefer doas, that's fine too.

> I found a directory /usr/local/pkgdb, see attached, is there a way to
> use that information to remove packages under /usr/local ?

Just run 'pkg_delete \*' until everything is gone, clean out your
/usr/pkgsrc/packages/ (or whereever you have save your binary
packages), and start from scratch.

But it seems to work now so you probably don't even need to do that.
 Thomas