Re: Disappearing packages from wip : what is the policy

On Tue, Sep 17, 2024 at 08:46:28AM +0200, Benny Siegert wrote:
> Incidentally, getting the package imported
> is the best way to make sure it does not disappear!

But that almost never worked - at least for me. I used to request this and
more often than not, nobody would respond. (I wouldn't get into examples
now. These are spread over years and archives are not easily searchable.)

May be on 2 or 3 occasions in last 14 years of my usage, wip packages
created by me made it to pkgsrc, though I created probably may be like 10
to 20 in this period (not too many, anyway). So I stopped requesting. As
such there are many many useful packages residing in wip anyway. It's ok,
as long as they at least survive there.

I think a prior announcement before removal, seeking objections if any,
would be awesome.

--
Mayuresh