Re: url2pkg error when creating python package

Am 17.09.2024 um 17:15 schrieb Mayuresh:
> url2pkg exits with No module named 'setuptools.command.build_py', however
> as per the details below, it should not be so.

When url2pkg detects that it has extracted a Perl or Python packages, it
plays a few tricks to determine the package's dependencies. To do that,
it replaces Module::Build, ExtUtils::MakeMaker, distutils and setuptools
with custom code that instead of building the package, just lists the
dependencies.

It's not 100% API-compatible, in that a few sub-packages are missing
from the replacement code.

> # url2pkg https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/72/c0\
> /558372afa9b0bb485e56d15eacee7a099cac7fb744c

I'll have a look at that file.

Meanwhile, I updated the manual page for url2pkg to make these error
messages less surprising.

Roland