Re: Disappearing packages from wip : what is the policy

On Tue, Sep 17, 2024 at 07:48:22PM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> Am 17.09.2024 um 08:36 schrieb Mayuresh:
> > On Tue, Sep 17, 2024 at 07:51:45AM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> >> Can you give some specific examples?
> >
> > Last year's one example was wip/antlr (incidentally it's gone once again)
> >
> > wip/py-chemlab
> > wip/py-chempy
> > wip/py-chemview
> >
> Thank you that you restored the packages yourself.

For clarity, I dropped the idea of restoring chemlab and chemview as they
are not maintained and alternatives to them are more actively maintained.

chempy is pretty active and its dependency is quantities - these two I
have restored and brought up to date also.

antlr2 is a different story. It's old and unmaintained but its newer
versions aren't backward compatible. No one usually likes to rewrite full
parsers so it has to lurk around. It's very commonly used still. I added
short remarks for this in DESCR.

At least those deletions that mattered to me and that I noticed are
restored now.

--
Mayuresh