Re: firefox-esr: 115 -> 128 ?

<wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

>> I see that www/firefox-esr still points to firefox115.  But the
latest
>> ESR release ist 128 and we have a package for that already.
>>
>> Any reasons not to switch to that?
>
>Are there any interesting platforms (netbsd-10/i386 or aarch64?) where
>firefox115 builds and runs but firefox128 does not? If not, I'd say go
>ahead and bump. If there are, then it is more of a judgement call

A different significant question would be who will be regularly
updating each of those ESR variants going forward? That includes
someone requesting pullups to the stable branch of the day, and
possibly dealing with fallout.

I have been doing so for firefox115, since some people complained
(privately) that "nobody" was updating it on a regular basis to keep it
secure and/or filing pullup requests. I also updated firefox128 earlier
today, as it was over two weeks since the last release for it came out.

(I'm unhappy with the state of pkgsrc culture in general, and am not
sure I'm inclined to keep working on these things, especially software
I don't generally use myself. It would be lovely if someone else took
this bit over.)

Regards,

Dave