Re: Request upgrade of math/ipopt

On 8/26/24 06:26, Mayuresh wrote:
Request to upgrade math/ipopt.

I am trying to build wip/scip which requires ipopt min 3.12, pkgsrc has
3.11.5 and upstream latest is 3.14.4

Attaching a patch to upgrade to the latest, which built fine without
applying pkgsrc patches on NetBSD 9.2 amd64.

Please check.

Here is one of those unfulfilled requests you mentioned.

It turns out that almost all of your messages are getting caught by the
GMX server-side spam filters, which explains why I don't recall seeing
your requests for commits.  Has this email address been hacked in the past?

Regarding this one: It would make things easier if you imported the
updated packages into wip rather than send a patch.  This will make it
easier to test, especially on multiple platforms, before committing to
pkgsrc-proper.  I test everything and its dependents on NetBSD, macOS,
and RHEL.  Using wip this is easy, and there is a process for importing
from wip.  Applying patches to math/ipopt on all three platforms and
then backing them out to avoid conflicts after the commit is more of a
hassle.

--
Life is a game.  Play hard.  Play fair.  Have fun.