Re: 10.0_STABLE; pkgin update errors on osabi-NetBSD-10.0 x11-links-1.35nb1

Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

>               All X packages depend on x11-links. libgtop and a number of others depend on osabi, as a sign that you need to recompile these when upgrading the OS.

Interesting.  The last time I installed the minimal racket package and
then ran

 $ raco pkg install --auto drracket

the drracket UI refused to start because it was linked to a version 6
shared object X library whereas version 7 was on the operating system.

Not sure if the root cause is at racket-lang.org where the raco/pkg is made.

> If you are using binary packages: these are built on 10.0. 10_STABLE is a different version string, causing this error.
>

>> Should I backout the changes?
>
> No, you should do what the error message says and add a line to ignore the ABI to pkg_install.conf.

Thanks.  I've updated those two packages.

--
vl