Re: pkgsrc for chroot jail builds

On Sun, Sep 22, 2024 at 12:00 AM Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 21, 2024 at 07:32:58AM -0700, George Georgalis wrote:
> I see package deps but no provided file list in pkgdb data, so I guess they
> should be read from the package tgz?

The file list is in the +CONTENTS file, or you can run 'pkg_info -L
$PKGNAME' to get it.

thanks I missed that with "head +* | less" finding dependencies when expecting a file listing.
pkg_info -L and -n is what I want.

Personally, with disk space being cheap, I would install the required
packages the standard way, I think that will avoid some pitfalls (like
the effects of INSTALL files for fonts, desktop files, (La)TeX, rc.d
scripts, config file...).

noted, I guess I was over optimistic these scripts were done at packaging time.
need for hardlinks in another thread...

--
George Georgalis, (415) 894-2710, http://www.galis.org/