Port-sparc64 archive

Re: NetBSD 10 isn't happy on Sun Fire V245 (fwd)

Hi John,

John Klos wrote:

I compiled a kernel with "no mpt*" and I'm rooting on a USB disk, and all other aspects of NetBSD 10 are working fine.

So long as this Sun Fire V245 can handle hotter temperatures in the coming months, as the name might suggest it should, we should be getting NetBSD 10 sparc64 binary packages soon :)

Let's hope :)
Did you finish building? I see
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/sparc64/10.0/All/

is decently populated.

I just finished upgrading my Netra T1 NetBSD 10 and it boots. How stable it will be, time will tell!

Need help to build something? Netras are slower but catch less Fire :)
I suppose I cannot contribute however... classic issue.

when building pkgsrc are you able to cvs pull a specific release/version? I'd like to build something "compatible".  is pkgsrc CVS tagged, branched or so? Tell me yours, please.

Riccardo