tech-pkg archive

Re: print-PLIST and options

Aleksey Cheusov <a.cheusov%yandex.ru@localhost> writes:

> On May 6, 2024 7:31:16 PM UTC, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>>so I am for now against.
>
> Last patch I provided enables updated print-PLIST if nls option is *already* available. So, it doesn't push any one to do extra work.

Ah, I did not follow that.   Then it seems ok.

However, I still think we should discuss "should we add an nls option to
everything" rather than it just happening.   The nature of changes is
that if 9/10 think it shouldn't happen and don't do it, and 1/10 think
it should, it ends up happening, and I don't think our project should
work that way.   I have no idea who thinks what in this case, but that's
what raising large scale changes for discussion  is all about.  If it
happened (I've been distracted lately), sorry for missing it.