Re: SSH-> Secure Shell renaming is *not* official.

Michael Richardson writes:
>   So, we should be changing:
> % grep 22 /etc/services
> ssh		22/tcp		# Secure Shell
>   to:
> secsh		22/tcp		# Secure Shell

I think

secure-shell	22/tcp		# Secure Shell

would be more correct, if we decide to change the protocol name to
Secure Shell.

If we decide to change it to something else then we change the port
number name to something else. I don't really think this change is
going to affect anybody. I think all implementations of the protocol
use hard coded port 22 (or the port number is given in the config
file), they do not normally use getservbyname, so no matter what we
put to the /etc/services the programs still work.
--
kivinen%ssh.fi@localhost                               Work : +358 303 9870
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/