RE: do we need to rename?

Bill Sommerfeld writes:

>  - renaming may be interpreted (incorrectly) as a statement by the
>  - renaming will introduce confusion in the marketplace and for end
>  - renaming will not eliminate the need to use the "SSH" word in
>  - IETF is not particulary successful at renaming deployed protocols;
>  - renaming may not actually prevent dilution of the trademark, since

(my personal opinion)

Although Reason#1 as currently phrased sounds like a matter of pride, which
would put it in a bit of a shady light, the other 4 reasons are very sound.
All of them together, they support Reason#1 very well. My personal opinion
would be that the causes AGAINST renaming definitely outweigh the causes FOR
renaming.

I wouldn't rename; not because of pride, but because, given the background,
I don't see it as a positive thing to do. I see it as a retreat without any
valid justification. Retreats must have valid justifications.

Regards,

denis