Re: SSH-> Secure Shell renaming is *not* official.

Thor Simon writes:
> That's nice, but I think that it is rather highly disingenuous.
> The plain fact is that Tatu suggested that the protocol and drafts
> *must* be renamed, and that a long, painful discussion of the falsity of
> that claim ensued both on and off the WG mailing list.  How could you

Can you give me a reference to that email of Tatu about that to the
ietf-ssh list? At least I cannot find it from my ietf-ssh archive. It
might of course be that mailing list at clinet managed to destroy that
mail, and didn't send it to me. I cannot also find this long painful
discussion about the protocol renaming on the list.

I have seen Tatu's email about the OpenSSH and requesting them to
change the name, that working group and protocol name discussion came
after that and I haven't seen Tatu commenting that on the ietf-ssh
list.

> I find it interesting that the only person supporting Tatu's actions here
> is one of his employees.  I note that another of Tatu's employees recently
> applied related, sudden, unilateral changes to the SSH FAQ.

I am also one of the authors of the draft, and I was involved
in the case by saying Tatu that "yes, I think it is OK to rename".
--
kivinen%ssh.fi@localhost                               Work : +358 303 9870
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/