Re: OpenSSH/scp ->> F-Secure SSH server Problems

[ On Wednesday, March 14, 2001 at 15:05:30 (-0500), Bill Sommerfeld wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: OpenSSH/scp ->> F-Secure SSH server Problems
>
> See the IANA considerations section of
> draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-07.txt, section 7, which is referenced
> from the various other drafts.
>
>    "Names with the at-sign ('@') in them are allocated by the owner of DNS
>     name after the at-sign (hierarchical allocation in [RFC-2343])."
>
> Subsystem names aren't currently explicitly listed there but we can
> (and should) fix that easily enough.

That would certainly help, but it does not excuse the fact that this
"subsystems" feature is still an unnecessary wart that will only cause
more interoperability problems than it fixes (see my posting of moments
ago to the SSH list).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods%acm.org@localhost>      <robohack!woods>